22 December 2007

Piano man




Piano man sing to me
how it used to be
start with the middle C and tell me
what I used to dream
frosty mornings and coffee in bed her coffee cup , stain
a circle on my half done poem
remind me the time, into the mirror I said
well, happy people have no stories to tell

Piano man tell me In Octaves , in semi tones
how little it took to live
a perfect life ,right out of a magazine
remind me how I swore
we would survive on just marmalade & toast
how I for hours driftlessly walked
in my hand cradled ,her hand was
dusk after dusk , we watched the setting sun paint the sky , never bored

Now stop the music
at that sharp E, my friend
Piano man try to explain
while I cling to memories, how the shimmer waned
how colour pink picked a somber shade
how and why it changed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have commented