31 December 2012

31st December eve...unfinished business

Years ago I did a photo haiku on a 31st December..This is take 2... a poem (a  bad poem)  in photos.

Just before the year ends
Buy a guitar




Write a love song






Sing it with the crowds
running to watch the fireworks
at 12 o one









Sing it in the tube 
over the shrill
of the breaks on the cold rail


End it on a happy note
satisfying
yet 
uncomfortable



PS:
All these images were taken this eve . 
When you look for images , you start to see stories . Episodes of lives .

On this 31st I saw Pizza deliverymen sharing a pizza on the pavement right off the pan . Whether it was a gift from the chef or some thing left by a customer I do not know.

A pickpocket hurriedly disappeared in to the crowds with somebody's wallet.

People in their party hats were flocking to the pier to watch the fireworks at midnight... youngsters in flocks . .. travelers with their girl friends for the night ...

I also saw an old lady smile and say "May peace be with you " at the end of the mass, to a stranger.

Life goes on , I know. Yet ,  it is time to refresh . Wishing you a peaceful 2013.




2 comments:

  1. This odd to do , but accidentally deleted your comment.
    Here it is


    Dude has left a new comment on your post "31st December eve...unfinished business":

    JP, The way you handle the language is amazing! I don't know how you do it.
    The only thing that bothers me even in this new year is that so many people miss your wordcraft! (Yeah, I created the word right now and it got underlined in red, telling me so!
    henryblogwalker (මට හිතෙන හැටි) the Dude (HeyDude) and මගේ ඩෙනිම My Blue Jeans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you. But as of late have had a few new visitors.

      Wordcraft. Nice word

      Delete

Have commented