10 April 2009

Subha Aluth Avuruddak Weva

You may be in the begin of the long weekend , the 6 day long weekend in SL or might be caught in some other nook of the world having nostalgic recollections of the smell of Kavums, irritating cycle races , the temple lawns fiilled with people , the echoes of "suba aluth avurudhak weva"s.

Memories of home.     

Some of you might have planned to recreate that ambiance in your own little circles , like I have, while the whole other world around you carries on , without any care . My Kavums & Aluvas have arrived in the post and my wife is looking for the "nakath" times


Then I see the images over the web, The images I shun. Of the people who have the same right to celebrate but are prevented by circumstances  from cooking a kiribath . Many are the times we have wished for the day. Every Christmas , every 31st , every new year…….but……….

So may be, out of habit, or may be being optimistic , I will say the same prayer again ………….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have commented