15 September 2010

Cancer Hospital photoshoot

Muse

I saw some pictures, in monochrome , taken at the Cancer hospital . Of mothers and  children . Worn out bandages and exposed canolas . And smiles through the pain , and hopeless eyes . Do not take me wrong ,I see the good intentions , yet it was disturbing.

I personally feel it is crossing the line. The photograph , the photographer gets attention ...and the subject...fades away . That's the plight here , some of them know of the iminent plight , yet it is living for the day that is the struggle.

The Poem

Please Smile
for the photograph
You can go back to your pain
suffering
nausia
and the
pain
after the click

PS:
After I wrote this,  I felt that writing about the photos was no better than the shoot itself . Two wrongs do not make a one right. How many wrongs does it take

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have commented