07 February 2013

Do not disturb . Surgery in progress


























That was the sign on the door. And I think was one of the most disturbing signs I have seen in my life.
 So there I sat, one  of these mornings outside  the door of an operating theater . Waiting for the bed to roll back through those doors, and somebody with a smiling face  to come and tell me it was all fine .  Silence was like a damp blanket hung to dry . Although it does not does your skin , you could always feel it’s presence . And it was solid sensation, as solid as sensations could get.  Haunting.
The tune started playing in my mind . ..I remembered the words

Hello darkness, my old friend,
I've come to talk with you again,
Because a vision softly creeping,
Left its seeds while I was sleeping,
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence.

පෙර වතාවත්වල  මා මෙසේ , ශල්‍යාගාර දොරක් මෙපිට හිඳී අයුරු . රෝහල් වල ඇති සිත් කීරි ගස්සන ඝණ්ධය . අපේ ජීවිත වල හුන්යෝධයින් , රෝහල්  සයනයන් මත දුබල කුරුමිට්ටන් වී, අවසානයේ මතක කැන්වසයේ තිතක් , ඉරක් , හැඩතලයක් බවට පත්වෙන හැටි , වාන් කඩා ගෙන මනස පුරවන්නට විය ..

Should get rid of these negative thoughts.
සොරොව්ව වසන්නට මම තැත් දරමි . මා අර පෙර දිනයක ලියුවා මෙන් , මා කෙතරම් නම් අතීත මතක බරපොදියක් කර පින්නාගෙන සිටිනවාදැයි මට සිතෙන්නට ගනී . නමුත් කෙතරම් යත්න දැරුවද තම හිත හා තමන් තනිවූ විටෙක , අතීත මතකයන්ගෙන් පලා යැම ඉතා අසීරුය . මම නැගිට ගොස් කොරිඩෝව කොනේ කවුළුවෙන් ඉවත බලමි .
තුරු පලසින් ආවරණය වූ මග , ඒ වියන අතරින් රිංගු සුර්ය කිරණ රටා මවයි .
The Old Peak Road is filling with activity . The Air conditioner chills deep to my spine . Simon & Garfunkel  continue in my head

In restless dreams I walk alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone,
'Neath the halo of a street lamp,
I turned my collar to the cold and damp…………..

And in the naked light I saw
(Ten thousand people, maybe more.)
People talking without speaking,
People hearing without listening,
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.

I notice the lone cross hung on a empty wall.  I remember another part of the lyrics

























………….The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls.

දොර ඇරේ . මා බලාපොරොත්තු වූ අර සිනා මුසු මුහුණ .

words like silent raindrops fell, And echoed
In the wells of silence


PS:

I was planing on writing a post about this song . And this happened . Procedure was a very minor one , yet the surrounding feelings were all there . 
The photos - One tries hard to break away from the negative thoughts
The writing -Although it lacks any direction or meaning , I had to get it out . 
The format of presentation....well sometimes I think in both languages 

2 comments:

  1. JP, You got no idea how relieved I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes , all you need is to talk to some body who understands...
      Thank you

      Delete

Have commented